Why Everyone Should Have UM and UIM Coverage

Every once in awhile, we like to offer some friendly advice to the Kansas City community. Since we assist people with personal injury cases, we see things from a unique perspective. Here is your unsolicited advice for today: make sure you have UM and UIM coverage.


If you are unfamiliar with the insurance industry, you may be tempted to Google those acronyms. Let us save you from the trouble. UM = uninsured motorist. UIM = underinsured motorist.


Uninsured motorist coverage protects yourself from being financially responsible for injuries that you may receive due to an accident caused by an uninsured driver. Please keep in mind that drivers who do not have the state-mandated minimum liability requirements fall into this category as well. Hit and run drivers also are considered “uninsured.”


Underinsured motorist coverage is financial protection related to injuries received from an accident where the other driver’s coverage is not enough to cover your medical expenses. Even if the individual has the minimum coverage required by law, that amount may not be enough to pay for the medical bills that resulted from a severe injury.

Accidents involving uninsured and underinsured motorists happen every day. If you were injured as the result of such an accident, Woods Law KC is available to walk you through your options.


Our job is to make sure that at-fault motorists and their insurance companies are held accountable for their victims’ medical expenses. Before you talk with an insurance company representative, reach out to Woods Law KC at 816-398-7877.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.