What To Do When An "Underinsured" Motorist Injures You In A Car Accident

No one assumes they are going to get into a car accident. That’s why many drivers opt for basic insurance coverage that is required by law.


But what happens if you are injured in a car accident, and your medical bills and lost income add up to more than $25,000? Being hit by an underinsured driver can be just as financially devastating as being hit by one who didn’t have any insurance coverage at all.


The good news is that if you are a Kansas resident, and your bills and lost wages add up to more than $25,000, you may be able to collect the balance from your own auto insurance carrier. The state’s law requires that all insurance policies cover underinsured motorists. If you are a Kansas resident, and you find yourself in this predicament, contact Woods Law KC.


If you are a resident of Missouri, your auto insurance coverage does not automatically cover an underinsured motorist. Even though this coverage is not required, it is available from your insurance company. We recommend that you add at least $50,000 underinsured motorist coverage to your car insurance policy.


If you were injured in a car accident caused by another driver, contact Woods Law KC. Our team will investigate the circumstances surrounding the crash and determine who should be financially responsible for your injuries and loss of wages. Woods Law KC has years of experience dealing with insurance companies, and our team is happy to complete all the paperwork so you can focus on your recovery.


Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.