What Legal Action Do I Have If I Am Injured in a Car Accident?

What legal action do you have if you were injured in a car accident? That depends on the situation.


If you weren’t at fault for the accident, you might consider suing the person who was. Personal injury lawsuits can recover damages for pain and suffering you had as a result of an injury. They can also recover damages for any financial strain you experienced as a result of the incident.


In cases such as this, time is of the essence. Contact the staff at Woods Law KC if you were injured in a car accident in Missouri or Kansas. Aaron Woods is an accident attorney working out of Lee’s Summit, and he and his staff are ready to listen to your story and advise you on whether or not you have a case.


Here are the basic steps to follow after a car accident:


    1. Alert the authorities after the accident. The law enforcement officers will investigate the scene and determine who was at fault.


    1. Obtain the contact information for the witnesses if you can do so safely. Some witnesses won’t stick around the scene following an accident.


    1. Get immediate medical treatment. The longer you wait to get medical treatment, the more likely an insurance company will argue that your injuries weren’t caused by the accident.


  1. Keep a diary of your experience, including your injuries, medical treatment, work details, and expenses.

Don’t worry if you didn’t complete all of these steps –you still may have a case. Call Woods Law KC at 816-398-7877.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.