What if I was in an accident with an underinsured motorist?

There are plenty of resources available on what to do if you are injured in an accident with an uninsured motorist, but what if the person at fault is UNDERinsured?


The long answer to this question is that your auto insurance policy includes uninsured/underinsured motorists’ coverage. This means that if the motorist’s insurance policy doesn’t cover all of your injuries or damage, you can file a claim with your own company.


The short answer to this question is that Woods Law KC can assist you in either type of case.


Just because you are filing a claim against your own insurance company doesn’t mean that the claim will go off without a hitch. You still need legal representation who has a lot of experience working with insurance companies.


Time is of the essence when filing this type of claim with your insurance company. Some car insurance policies have strict deadlines for notifying them of potential uninsured (or underinsured) claims. These claims may take a little longer to develop, even though the process usually involves binding arbitration instead of court.


If you were in an accident with an underinsured driver, call Woods Law KC at

816-398-7877 immediately. Aaron Woods has been serving the Kansas Community for decades, and he works on both sides of the state line. Reach out to a member of his staff now by completing an online chat from the company website.

Contact Us
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.